Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cupcakes!

Ever since I got my Kitchen Aid a year ago I have been making lots of cupcakes.  I don't have the confidence yet to come up with my own, but I thought I would share a few of my favorite recipes.
Big Breakfast!
The most popular, and the beginning of it all is the French Toast.  When I tried the Big Breakfast from Main Street Cupcakes I knew I had to figure out how to make it.  I found this from Life is better with cake. These are pretty easy to make and everyone loves them.  This recipe makes about 12 cupcakes.  I use maple syrup for the frosting so I don't have to buy maple extract.  NOTE: 1c Cake flour = 1c - 2tbsp all purpose flour + 2tbsp cornstarch.
Soo Pretty!  (photo from Brown Eyed Baker)
Next is the Limoncello cupcakes from Brown Eyed Baker.  They are filled with lemon curd.  These are a little bit more work but soo worth it.  They are better the next day after all the lemon has mellowed and really seeped into the cupcakes.  Perfect for a refreshing summer snack.  We make our own Limoncello so this is a great way to showcase this great drink.











Another, more recent find (thanks to Pintrest!) is the Cookie Dough Cupcake!  Who doesn't love cookie dough??  These cupcakes are even better than I expected.  They take a little while to make, but aren't hard.  There is a ball of (safe to eat) cookie dough in the middle!











Any recommendations for cupcakes I should try??

No comments:

Post a Comment