Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

Nick Anthe's - Akron

From the outside Nick Anthe's looks like a hip place.  It is however, severely outdated inside.  There are mirrors on the walls of the booths which caused me to see myself when trying to talk to my date.  There is a big red velvet chair rail running next to the booths  under the mirrors.  It was dusty as well as ugly.  We went at lunchtime and there were a few people in the place.  The tables get white cloth table cloths at dinner, which would definitely help the decor.  The service was good, and the food came out in a reasonable amount of time.  I got a tuna melt on rye which was good.  TBG got a burger and a side of fries.  I didn't care for the fries, but they were homemade and TBG liked them.  The prices were a bit high for what we got.  The sandwiches did not come with fries or chips.  The food was very average, and the prices were above average.  To me, there are plenty of other places to go in the area that are better.



Service____ 7 Chipps
Food____5 Chipps
Atmosphere____4 Chipps
Beer List____5 Chipps
Wine List____6 Chipps
Value____5 Chipps


Nick Anthe's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment