Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

Raj Mahal - Cuyahoga Falls

I am happy to say I am no longer afraid of Indian food, in fact I am starting to love it.  I had an idea of what I wanted when I walked in the door, and I loved what I got.  I was not that hungry so we skipped the appetizer even though there were plenty of yummy looking options.  They do not serve beer, but you can bring your own.  The atmosphere is almost nonexistent.  White, dirty walls with vinyl covered tables.  I would recommend carry out for the skittish.  TBG got the spicy lamb vindaloo.  It was very good, too spicy for me but he loved it.  There was plenty to fill TBG up.  It comes with potatoes in the sauce with the lamb, but he asked for it with less than normal.  All the dishes come with basmati rice which was cooked well and there was plenty of it.  I got the chana marsala.  It was vegetarian with chick peas and no meat in a tomato based sauce.  I ordered it medium and it was perfect.  It was exactly what I wanted.  I love the warm Indian spices of cumin, cinnamon, and coriander.  We got two orders of naan which was exactly enough.  One order was garlic as you can see in the picture, and the other plain.  Both were awesome as any bread cooked perfectly is.  The prices were a little steep, but the food was really good so I would definitely go back (or have TBG go back and bring it home!)  I ate the rest of my chana masala the next day and it was still delicious.    






Service____ 9 Chipps
Food____8 Chipps
Atmosphere____2 Chipps
Beer List____0 Chipps
Wine List____0 Chipps
Value____6.5 Chipps
Raj Mahal on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment